This edition: Production: "Stanley" (Spring 1997)Tweet
Original tape date: April 29, 1997.
The production team of Stanley -- press representative Bill Evans, producers Gregory Mosher and Edgar Rosenblum, and marketing representative Evan Shapiro -- discuss the process of bringing the play from the Royal National Theatre in London to Broadway, working with director John Caird, extensive press coverage, and target marketing including a new $10 ticket program aimed at young people. The show ‘Stanley’ was developed to attract uncommon Broadway theatergoers.
Brendan Gill Moderator
Gregory Mosher Director
Edgar Rosenblum Executive Director, Theatre for a New Audience
George C. White Moderator, American Theater Wing
- Demystifying the Classics
- Tuesday, March 27 - 4:30am
- Actors' Words, Writer's Voice
- Tuesday, April 3 - 4:30am
- Arias to Showstoppers: The Worlds of Opera and Theatre
- Tuesday, April 10 - 4:30am
- 99 and Under
- Tuesday, April 17 - 4:30am