This edition: Unions And Guilds (Spring 1997)Tweet
Original tape date: April 29, 1997.
The panelists -- Julianne Boyd (Society of Stage Directors and Choreographers); Dean Brown and Muriel Stockdale (United Scenic Artisis); Shirley Herz and Bernice Weiler (Assoc. of Theatrical Press Agents and Managers); Conard Fowkes (Actors' Equity Association); and Barry Moss (Casting Society of America) -- talk about how and why their organizations were formed, the importance of unions, the specific roles of company managers and general managers, and production costs and ticket prices.
Julianne Boyd Director
Shirley Herz Publicist
George C. White Moderator, American Theater Wing
- Performing Musicals
- Tuesday, March 20 - 4:30am
- Demystifying the Classics
- Tuesday, March 27 - 4:30am
- Actors' Words, Writer's Voice
- Tuesday, April 3 - 4:30am
- Arias to Showstoppers: The Worlds of Opera and Theatre
- Tuesday, April 10 - 4:30am