This edition: Playwright/Director (Fall 1997)Tweet
Original tape date: October 23, 1997.
The panel -- playwright Douglas Carter Beane (As Bees In Honey Drown), director Mark Brokaw (As Bees In Honey Drown, How I Learned To Drive), playwright/lyricist Bill Russell (Side Show) and playwright Paula Vogel (How I Learned To Drive) -- talk about their backgrounds and developing their crafts, the advantages of writing for the stage compared to being a screenwriter, and why these particular playwrights prefer not to direct.
Douglas Carter Beane Playwright
Brendan Gill Moderator
Paula Vogel Playwright
George C. White Moderator, American Theater Wing
- Performing Musicals
- Tuesday, March 20 - 4:30am
- Demystifying the Classics
- Tuesday, March 27 - 4:30am
- Actors' Words, Writer's Voice
- Tuesday, April 3 - 4:30am
- Arias to Showstoppers: The Worlds of Opera and Theatre
- Tuesday, April 10 - 4:30am