This edition: Production: "Side Show" (Fall 1997)Tweet
Original tape date: October 23, 1997.
The production team for the musical Side Show -- producer Emanuel Azenberg, press representative Bill Evans, and general manager Abbie M. Strassler -- talk about the show's journey from presentation to workshop to Broadway; the role of producer, casting director, general manager, company manager, and press agent; casting principal and chorus members; and marketing a new show. The panel talks about the concept of opening. They discuss the importance of a show’s opening and what happens in the life of a show based on the reaction to its opening.
Emanuel "Manny" Azenberg Producer
George C. White Moderator, American Theater Wing
- Performing Musicals
- Tuesday, March 20 - 4:30am
- Demystifying the Classics
- Tuesday, March 27 - 4:30am
- Actors' Words, Writer's Voice
- Tuesday, April 3 - 4:30am
- Arias to Showstoppers: The Worlds of Opera and Theatre
- Tuesday, April 10 - 4:30am