This edition: Playwright/Director (Fall 1986)Tweet
Original tape date: September 1, 1986.
Playwright Brian Clark (The Petition), playwright/director Emily Mann (The Execution of Justice), playwright Arthur Miller (Death of a Salesman), literary agent Gilbert Parker, director Norman René (Precious Sons), and director John Tillinger (Loot and The Perfect Party) discuss the division of responsibilities between playwright and director, how casting effects the original script, the significance of play titles, playing regional theatres versus New York versus London, escalating ticket prices, and whether working in theatre is preferred to film and television.
Emily Mann Aritistic Director/Writer, The McCarter Theatre
Arthur Miller Playwright
Gilbert Parker Writer
Norman Rene Director
John Tillinger Director
- Demystifying the Classics
- Tuesday, March 27 - 4:30am
- Actors' Words, Writer's Voice
- Tuesday, April 3 - 4:30am
- Arias to Showstoppers: The Worlds of Opera and Theatre
- Tuesday, April 10 - 4:30am
- 99 and Under
- Tuesday, April 17 - 4:30am