This edition: World Theatre Seminar (Winter 2003)
Original tape date: January 24, 2003.
The international panel consisting of Valery Fokin (Artistic Director of The Meyerhold Centre in Moscow and the Alexandrinsky Theatre in St. Petersburg), Marita Gochman (writer/director, Nordic theatre), Fiona Shaw (Irish actress, "Medea"), Anatoly Smeliansky (writer/scholar/critic, Moscow Art Theatre), Elise Thoron (writer/director, Russian theatre), and Shu Xiao (Cultural Counselor, China) discuss the role of theatre in their respective countries; American curiosity in foreign productions and exposure to culturally-rich material; and exporting Broadway shows worldwide.
Fiona Shaw Actress
Isabelle Stevenson Host, American Theater Wing
George C. White Moderator, American Theater Wing
- First and Loudest: The Marketing of Broadway
- Tuesday, June 19 - 4:30am
- Fluidity and Change: Directors 2009
- Tuesday, June 12 - 4:30am
- At Work and Play: Lead Actors 2009
- Tuesday, June 5 - 4:30am
- For the Record: Inside Cast Albums
- Tuesday, May 29 - 4:30am
- Crafting Worlds: Theatrical Design
- Tuesday, May 22 - 4:30am