This edition: The Playwright (Winter 2007)Tweet
Original tape date: January 28, 2007.
Playwrights Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa ("Dark Matters"), Douglas Carter Beane ("The Little Dog Laughed"), Kia Corthron ("Breath Boom"), Daisy Foote ("Bhutan") and Adam Rapp ("Red Light Winter") discuss why they, as products of the age of electronic entertainment -- and as writers who work in various forms -- choose to tell certain stories in the theatre; consider whether one can be taught playwriting or whether one simply learns it; ponder the prevalence of 90 minute plays against the three-act classics of the past; and reflect upon the writers who most influenced their own work.
Douglas Carter Beane Playwright
Kia Corthron Playwright
Howard Sherman Moderator, American Theatre Wing
- Demystifying the Classics
- Tuesday, March 27 - 4:30am
- Actors' Words, Writer's Voice
- Tuesday, April 3 - 4:30am
- Arias to Showstoppers: The Worlds of Opera and Theatre
- Tuesday, April 10 - 4:30am
- 99 and Under
- Tuesday, April 17 - 4:30am