This edition: Demystifying the ClassicsTweet
Original tape date: April 18, 2008.
A trio of classical theatre veterans - Kate Fleetwood, Peter Francis James and Laila Robins - share their thoughts about the importance of language in performing the classics and the physical connection they feel to the language; why the classics force audiences to think; the reaction of younger audiences to classical theatre; tackling the pre-conceived ideas held by audiences about the classics; and their opinion on setting the plays in different eras.
Kate Fleetwood Actress
Peter Francis James Actor
Laila Robins Actress
Howard Sherman Moderator, American Theatre Wing
- Crafting Worlds: Theatrical Design
- Tuesday, February 12 - 4:30am
- New Writers, New Musicals: The 2009 Jonathan Larson® Grants
- Tuesday, January 29 - 4:30am
- Tuesday, February 5 - 4:30am
- Consolation and Provocation: Playwrights 2009
- Tuesday, January 22 - 4:30am