This edition: Consolation and Provocation: Playwrights 2009Tweet
Original tape date: February 13, 2009.
Our guests – playwrights Gina Gionfriddo, Stephen Adly Guirgis, Tina Howe, Lisa Loomer and Christopher Shinn – explore whether they write to console or provoke an audience; to what degree current events, including the election of a new president and the economic freefall, has on their work; who they write for; if playwriting can be taught; how they react to reviews , both negative and favorable; when they knew they wanted to write for the stage; their relationship with directors; and they share their thoughts about connecting with the audience. Moderator: Howard Sherman.
Gina Gionfriddo Writer
Prof. Tina Howe Playwright/Writer
Howard Sherman Moderator, American Theatre Wing
- Crafting Worlds: Theatrical Design
- Tuesday, February 12 - 4:30am
- Tuesday, February 19 - 4:30am
- New Writers, New Musicals: The 2009 Jonathan Larson® Grants
- Tuesday, January 29 - 4:30am
- Tuesday, February 5 - 4:30am