This edition: New Writers, New Musicals: The 2009 Jonathan Larson® GrantsTweet
Original tape date: March 6, 2009.
Our guests -2009 Jonathan Larson Grant® recipients Mark Allen, Dave Malloy, Thomas Mizer and Curtis Moore -tell us what these Grants and others mean to them and their work; how they became involved in musical theatre; the programs and workshops that helped their work move forward; what parameters they work within when writing for musical theatre; how much license they give to others to interpret their work; what they do to sustain themselves financially while pursuing their musical passion; dealing with the business aspects of writing and composing; and what Broadway represents for them.
Mark Allen Composer
Theodore Chapin Moderator
Dave Malloy Composer/Lyricist
Thomas Mizer Songwriter
Curtis Moore Songwriter
- Crafting Worlds: Theatrical Design
- Tuesday, February 12 - 4:30am
- New Writers, New Musicals: The 2009 Jonathan Larson® Grants
- Tuesday, January 29 - 4:30am
- Tuesday, February 5 - 4:30am
- Consolation and Provocation: Playwrights 2009
- Tuesday, January 22 - 4:30am