This edition: Crafting Worlds: Theatrical DesignTweet
Original tape date: March 20, 2009.
Our guests -Scenic Designer David Gallo, Sound Designer John Gromada, Costume Designer Susan Hilferty and Lighting Designer Peter Kaczorowski -discuss how a design team enhances a production; when they are brought into the production and how they interact with one another as the show unfolds; their process in preparing for each show; their collaboration not only with each other but also with the director and the actors; the logistical challenges they face with each new show; how they got involved in theatre design and what training they did or didn't receive; advice they'd give to young designers; how they handle creative differences with other designers and the director; and where they find inspiration for their designs.
Gordon Cox Moderator
David Gallo Scenic Designer
John Gromada Designer
Susan Hilferty Costume Designer
Peter Kaczorowski Lighting Designer
- Crafting Worlds: Theatrical Design
- Tuesday, February 12 - 4:30am
- Tuesday, February 19 - 4:30am
- New Writers, New Musicals: The 2009 Jonathan Larson® Grants
- Tuesday, January 29 - 4:30am
- Tuesday, February 5 - 4:30am
- Consolation and Provocation: Playwrights 2009
- Tuesday, January 22 - 4:30am