This edition: First and Loudest: The Marketing of BroadwayTweet
Original tape date: June 11, 2009.
John Barlow, Damian Bazadona, Nancy Coyne and Drew Hodges - discuss what is involved in marketing, advertising and publicizing a Broadway show; how they work one-on-one with producers and creative teams; the marketing obstacles they face; who their target audience is; how they handle a show that isn't a hit, or that they don't like; the internet's influence on sales; whether or not a known title helps sell a show; how to sustain the buzz after a show opens; and whether “Broadway” can be sold as a brand.
John Barlow Publicist
Damian Bazadona CEO, Situation Interactive
Gordon Cox Moderator
Nancy Coyne CEO, CEO of Serino Coyne
Drew Hodges CEO, SpotCo.
- Playwright Director Choreographer
- Tuesday, October 24 - 4:30am
- Production: "The Full Monty" (Fall 2000)
- Tuesday, October 31 - 4:30am
- Production: "Avenue Q" (Fall 2003) Extended Version
- Tuesday, November 7 - 4:30am
- World Theatre Seminar (Winter 2003)
- Tuesday, November 14 - 4:30am