This edition: The Play that Changed My LifeTweet
Original tape date: December 11, 2009.
First aired: February 7, 2010.
What was THE PLAY THAT CHANGED YOUR LIFE? Not only the title of a new American Theatre Wing book, which posed that question to 19 of America's most distinguished playwrights, but the start of a discussion by two of those playwrights, Tina Howe and Diana Son.
They also talk about which of their own plays changed their lives; what role theatre played while growing up; if there were teachers who inspired them to get involved in theatre writing; what drew them to playwriting; how much of themselves are in their characters; and their role as mentors for young writers.
Prof. Tina Howe Playwright/Writer
Howard Sherman Moderator, American Theatre Wing
Diana Son Playwright
- Performing Musicals
- Tuesday, March 20 - 4:30am
- Demystifying the Classics
- Tuesday, March 27 - 4:30am
- Actors' Words, Writer's Voice
- Tuesday, April 3 - 4:30am
- Arias to Showstoppers: The Worlds of Opera and Theatre
- Tuesday, April 10 - 4:30am