This edition: Producing's New VoicesTweet
Original tape date: March 12, 2010.
First aired: April 11, 2010.
Injecting new energy and a new perspective into both commercial and not for profit theatre was among the topics discussed by our panel of producers - Patrick Catullo, Eric Falkenstein, Jenny Gersten and Jill Furman Willis.
They also talked about the role mentors' played in their development as producers; where they find new material; how they find investors for their shows; the need to be creative in selling tickets during tough economic times; using new media to promote their shows and to reach new audiences; the responsibility they feel to bring new writing voices into the theatre; and the risks they're willing to take to bring new and different material to the stage.
Patrick Catullo Producer
Gordon Cox Moderator
Eric Falkenstein Producer
Jenny Gersten Associate Producer, The Public Theater
Jill Furman Willis Producer
- Playwright Director Choreographer
- Tuesday, October 24 - 4:30am
- Production: "The Full Monty" (Fall 2000)
- Tuesday, October 31 - 4:30am
- Production: "Avenue Q" (Fall 2003) Extended Version
- Tuesday, November 7 - 4:30am
- World Theatre Seminar (Winter 2003)
- Tuesday, November 14 - 4:30am