This edition: Developing Musical TheatreTweet
Original tape date: April 9, 2010.
First aired: June 27, 2010.
The development and production of musical theatre was the focus of the discussion with our panel of producers - Sue Frost, Robyn Goodman, Paulette Haupt and Scott Sanders. They talk about what attracts them to a project; if playing on Broadway is the ultimate success for a show; whether going out of town is helpful, or necessary, for a new show; the impact of audiences on the show; dealing with critical reviews that remain on line when trying to get a show launched; the difficulty of closing a show or halting a show in development; and advice for young producers who want to develop musicals.
Sue Frost Producer
Robyn Goodman Producer
Paulette Haupt Founder/Artistic Director, The O’Neill Musical Theatre Conference
Scott Sanders Producer
Howard Sherman Moderator, American Theatre Wing
- Playwright Director Choreographer
- Tuesday, October 24 - 4:30am
- Production: "The Full Monty" (Fall 2000)
- Tuesday, October 31 - 4:30am
- Production: "Avenue Q" (Fall 2003) Extended Version
- Tuesday, November 7 - 4:30am
- World Theatre Seminar (Winter 2003)
- Tuesday, November 14 - 4:30am