This edition: Developing Musical TheatreTweet
Original tape date: April 9, 2010.
First aired: June 27, 2010.
The development and production of musical theatre was the focus of the discussion with our panel of producers - Sue Frost, Robyn Goodman, Paulette Haupt and Scott Sanders. They talk about what attracts them to a project; if playing on Broadway is the ultimate success for a show; whether going out of town is helpful, or necessary, for a new show; the impact of audiences on the show; dealing with critical reviews that remain on line when trying to get a show launched; the difficulty of closing a show or halting a show in development; and advice for young producers who want to develop musicals.
Sue Frost Producer
Robyn Goodman Producer
Paulette Haupt Founder/Artistic Director, The O’Neill Musical Theatre Conference
Scott Sanders Producer
Howard Sherman Moderator, American Theatre Wing
- Consolation and Provocation: Playwrights 2009
- Tuesday, January 22 - 4:30am
- New Writers, New Musicals: The 2009 Jonathan Larson® Grants
- Tuesday, January 29 - 4:30am
- Tuesday, February 5 - 4:30am
- Crafting Worlds: Theatrical Design
- Tuesday, February 12 - 4:30am