This edition: Compelling Stories: Playwrights 2011Tweet
Original tape date: December 10, 2010.
First aired: January 23, 2011.
The panel of playwrights - Kristoffer Diaz, Kate Fodor, Rajiv Joseph, Young Jean Lee and Tarell Alvin McCraney-- discuss how and why they became involved in theatre; whether their writing comes from their own life experiences or that of others, or both; how their writing develops and evolves; what challenges their imagination; how their work is viewed by audiences in other countries; and the importance of diversity being reflected in theatre.
Kristoffer Diaz Playwright
Kate Fodor Playwright
Rajiv Joseph Playwright
Young Jean Lee Playwright
Tarell Alvin McCraney Playwright
Howard Sherman Moderator, American Theatre Wing
- Demystifying the Classics
- Tuesday, March 27 - 4:30am
- Actors' Words, Writer's Voice
- Tuesday, April 3 - 4:30am
- Arias to Showstoppers: The Worlds of Opera and Theatre
- Tuesday, April 10 - 4:30am
- 99 and Under
- Tuesday, April 17 - 4:30am