This edition: The Characters Start Talking: Playwrights 2011Tweet
Original tape date: February 10, 2011.
First aired: March 27, 2011.
The panel of playwrights – Annie Baker, Rinne Groff, Karen Hartman and Alfred Uhry—talk about their writing process; the role of the dramaturg; writing adaptations; collaborating with directors; whether they have a specific actor in mind when they’re writing; and how they see the role of the playwright in theatre today.
Annie Baker Playwright
Gordon Cox Moderator
Rinne Groff Playwright
Karen Hartman Playwright
Alfred Uhry Writer
- First and Loudest: The Marketing of Broadway
- Tuesday, June 19 - 4:30am
- Fluidity and Change: Directors 2009
- Tuesday, June 12 - 4:30am
- At Work and Play: Lead Actors 2009
- Tuesday, June 5 - 4:30am
- For the Record: Inside Cast Albums
- Tuesday, May 29 - 4:30am
- Crafting Worlds: Theatrical Design
- Tuesday, May 22 - 4:30am