This edition: The Casting DirectorTweet
Original tape date: December 9, 2011.
First aired: January 29, 2012.
Casting Directors David Caparelliotis, Tara Rubin and Daniel Swee and moderator Patrick Pacheco discuss the role of the casting director; their collaboration with directors; recasting shows; and whether stars are necessary for success on Broadway today.
David Caparelliotis Casting Director, MelCap Casting
Patrick Pacheco Theater Columnist, Los Angeles Times
Tara Rubin Casting Director, Tara Rubin Casting
Daniel Swee Casting Director, Lincoln Center Theater
- Getting the Show on the Road
- Saturday, February 25 - 11:00am
- The Production Seminar: "Mamma Mia!" (Fall 2001)
- Saturday, March 4 - 11:00am
- Fluidity and Change: Directors 2009
- Sunday, March 5 - 5:00pm
- Puppetry and Theatre (Fall 2004)
- Saturday, March 11 - 11:00am
- The Evolution of "Encores!" (Winter 2007)
- Sunday, March 12 - 5:00pm
- Pop Music and the New Musical (Fall 2005)
- Saturday, March 18 - 11:00am
- Production: "The Full Monty" (Fall 2000)
- Sunday, March 19 - 5:00pm