This edition: Reimagining MusicalsTweet
Original tape date: October 26, 2012.
First aired: April 7, 2013.
Director/Choreographer Rob Ashford, President and Executive Director of Rodgers & Hammerstein Ted Chapin and Director Scott Ellis talk with moderator Patrick Pacheco about re-imagining musicals for the stage and how directors approach a work to make it fresh and reinvented, how much change is allowed by the estates who control the pieces, and the challenges they face when classic works are re-imagined, rewritten or reinterpreted in any way.
Rob Ashford Director/Choreographer
Theodore Chapin President, Rodgers & Hammerstein Organization.
Scott Ellis Director
Patrick Pacheco Entertainment Reporter/, Los Angeles Times
- Performing Musicals
- Tuesday, March 20 - 4:30am
- Demystifying the Classics
- Tuesday, March 27 - 4:30am
- Actors' Words, Writer's Voice
- Tuesday, April 3 - 4:30am
- Arias to Showstoppers: The Worlds of Opera and Theatre
- Tuesday, April 10 - 4:30am