This edition: Playwright/Director/Choreographer (Fall 1999)Tweet
Original tape date: October 28, 1999.
The panelists -- playwright Douglas Carter Beane (As Bees In Honey Drown), director/choreographers Kathleen Marshall (Kiss Me Kate) and Rob Marshall (Damn Yankees, She Loves Me), director Vivian Matalon (Morning's At Seven), and playwright John Pielmeier (Agnes of God) -- discuss the impact of efficient cast sizes, casting for multi-talented performers, respectfully auditioning and rejectioning performers, their individual performing backgrounds, compromising with producers, and collaborating with playwrights and directors.
- Performing Musicals
- Tuesday, March 20 - 4:30am
- Demystifying the Classics
- Tuesday, March 27 - 4:30am
- Actors' Words, Writer's Voice
- Tuesday, April 3 - 4:30am
- Arias to Showstoppers: The Worlds of Opera and Theatre
- Tuesday, April 10 - 4:30am