Latest edition: Ackerman Lecture: "Defending Democracy and the Right to Vote"
Original tape date: November 5, 2018.
First aired: November 20, 2018.
The 2018 Ackerman Lecture features Janai Nelson, Associate Director-Counsel, NAACP Legal Defense and Education Fund, a nationally known legal expert on voting rights, reversing voter suppression and preventing voter ID disparities. Ms. Nelson was formerly the Dean for Faculty Scholarship and Associate Dean of the Ronald H. Brown Center for Civil Rights and Economic Development at St. John's University School of Law where she also served as a professor. Ms. Nelson will enlighten the audience on the local and national steps LDF is taking to protect and defend voting rights.
Marianne Engelman Lado Visiting Clinical Professor of Law, Yale Law School
Janai Nelson Associate Director-Council, NAACP Legal Defense & Education Fund
Robert Smith Chair, Lillie and Nathan Ackerman Lecture Series; Professor, Austin W. Marxe School of Public and International Affairs at Baruch College/CUNY
- Ackerman Lecture: "Defending Democracy and the Right to Vote"
- Tuesday, November 20 - 8:30pm
- Thursday, November 22 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, November 24 - 9:00am
- Sunday, November 25 - 4:00pm
- Tuesday, November 27 - 3:00pm
- Is Education Reform Dead? A Look at What's Next for America's Schools
- Tuesday, November 27 - 8:30pm
- Thursday, November 29 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, December 1 - 9:00am
- Sunday, December 2 - 4:00pm
- Tuesday, December 4 - 3:00pm
- The Alt-Right: A New Challenge to Democracy
- Tuesday, November 13 - 8:30pm
- Thursday, November 15 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, November 17 - 9:00am
- Sunday, November 18 - 4:00pm
- Tuesday, November 20 - 3:00pm
- Marxe Issues Democracy in Peril: Defending Our Voting Rights
- Tuesday, October 23 - 8:30pm
- Thursday, October 25 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, October 27 - 9:00am
- Sunday, October 28 - 4:00pm
- Tuesday, October 30 - 3:00pm