Latest edition: Promoting Equality in an Age of Austerity: The Role for State and Local Governments, Part 2 of 2
Original tape date: June 13, 2018.
First aired: August 21, 2018.
The annual conference sponsored by NAPA's Standing Panel on Social Equity hosted by the Marxe School of Public and International Affairs at Baruch College/CUNY. In part 2, opening remarks by Blue Wooldridge followed by Deputy Mayor J. Phillip Thompson and Jim Malatras. The conference aims to shine a light on promising practices to achieve racial, gender, economic, and other forms of equity in the face of reduced federal budgets.
Participants: Blue Wooldridge, Professor, College of Humanities and Sciences, Virginia Commonwealth University and Chair, NAPA Standing Panel on Social Equity; J. Phillip Thompson, Professor at MIT and Deputy Mayor for Strategic Policy Initiatives for New York City; Jim Malatras, president of the Rockefeller Institute of Government.
Jim Malatras President, Rockefeller Institute of Government
J. Phillip Thompson Professor at MIT; Deputy Mayor for Strategic Policy Initiatives, New York City
Blue Wooldridge Professor, College of Humanities and Sciences; Chair, Virginia Commonwealth University; National Academy of Public Administration (NAPA) Standing Panel on Social Equity
- Marxe Issues Democracy in Peril: Defending Our Voting Rights
- Tuesday, October 23 - 8:30pm
- Thursday, October 25 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, October 27 - 9:00am
- Sunday, October 28 - 4:00pm
- Tuesday, October 30 - 3:00pm
- The Alt-Right: A New Challenge to Democracy
- Tuesday, November 13 - 8:30pm
- Thursday, November 15 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Promoting Equality in an Age of Austerity: The Role for State and Local Governments, Part 1 of 2
- Tuesday, September 18 - 3:00pm, 8:30pm
- Thursday, September 20 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, September 22 - 9:00am
- Sunday, September 23 - 4:00pm
- Tuesday, September 25 - 3:00pm