This edition: Public Management and the Lindsay Years (1966-73), Pt. 9
Original tape date: September 29, 2010.
This Baruch College series explores and assesses NYC Mayor John Lindsay’s initiatives in public management and the legacy of his leadership. This ninth and final episode features managers recognized for introducing successful innovations into the operation of NYC government. Stanley Brezenoff, President & CEO of Continuum Health Partners, Herb Elish, COO of the College Board, Linda Gibbs, Deputy Mayor for Health & Human Services, and Caswell Holloway, Commissioner of the NYC Department of Environmental Protection discuss the challenges of managing NYC, lessons learned as a result of the experience, and thoughts on challenges the city will face in the years ahead. Baruch College President Emeritus and Professor Stan Altman moderates the discussion.
- University-City Relations: How Can They Mutually Benefit from Pooled Resources?
- Tuesday, December 26 - 8:30pm
- Thursday, December 28 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, December 30 - 4:00pm
- Latinos and the Endangered Right to Vote
- Tuesday, November 28 - 8:30pm
- Thursday, November 30 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, December 2 - 4:00pm