This edition: The Uneven Results of Diversity Management
Original tape date: November 1, 2011.
First aired: December 12, 2011.
(Baruch College Special). Prod.: Baruch College School of Public Affairs. Speaker: Frank Dobbin, Professor of Sociology at Harvard. Taped November 1, 2011. Using data on over 800 firms for more than 30 years, this lecture shows that some of the most popular approaches to promoting diversity have been ineffective. Meanwhile, some of the lesser known and less popular, strategies have been quite effective.
- The Dreamer and the Day Laborer: Two Faces of the Immigrants' Rights Movement
- Tuesday, May 29 - 8:30pm
- Thursday, May 31 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, June 2 - 9:00am
- Sunday, June 3 - 4:00pm
- The Dynamic of Climate Change and Migration: the Public Policy Impact on International Governments and Local Cities
- Tuesday, May 1 - 3:00pm, 8:30pm
- Thursday, May 3 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, May 5 - 4:00pm