This edition: The Dreamer and the Day Laborer: Two Faces of the Immigrants' Rights Movement
Original tape date: April 30, 2018.
First aired: May 29, 2018.
Austin W. Marxe School of Public and International Affairs at Baruch College: Lillie and Nathan Ackerman Lecture Series On Equality and Justice. Lecture Speaker: Manuel Castro (MPA '14), Executive Director of New Immigrant Community Empowerment (NICE), a community-based organization dedicated to building the power of a day laborers and immigrant workers in New York City. Taped: April 30, 2018.
Manuel Castro Executive Director, New Immigrant Community Empowerment (NICE)
- Marxe Issues Democracy in Peril: Defending Our Voting Rights
- Tuesday, October 23 - 8:30pm
- Thursday, October 25 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, October 27 - 9:00am
- Sunday, October 28 - 4:00pm
- Tuesday, October 30 - 3:00pm
- The Alt-Right: A New Challenge to Democracy
- Tuesday, November 13 - 8:30pm
- Promoting Equality in an Age of Austerity: The Role for State and Local Governments, Part 1 of 2
- Tuesday, September 18 - 3:00pm, 8:30pm
- Thursday, September 20 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, September 22 - 9:00am
- Sunday, September 23 - 4:00pm
- Tuesday, September 25 - 3:00pm
- The Great Debate: Scaling as a Philanthropic Strategy
- Saturday, September 15 - 9:00am