This edition: Ackerman Lecture: "Defending Democracy and the Right to Vote"
Original tape date: November 5, 2018.
First aired: November 20, 2018.
The 2018 Ackerman Lecture features Janai Nelson, Associate Director-Counsel, NAACP Legal Defense and Education Fund, a nationally known legal expert on voting rights, reversing voter suppression and preventing voter ID disparities. Ms. Nelson was formerly the Dean for Faculty Scholarship and Associate Dean of the Ronald H. Brown Center for Civil Rights and Economic Development at St. John's University School of Law where she also served as a professor. Ms. Nelson will enlighten the audience on the local and national steps LDF is taking to protect and defend voting rights.
Marianne Engelman Lado Visiting Clinical Professor of Law, Yale Law School
Janai Nelson Associate Director-Council, NAACP Legal Defense & Education Fund
Robert Smith Chair, Lillie and Nathan Ackerman Lecture Series; Professor, Austin W. Marxe School of Public and International Affairs at Baruch College/CUNY
- Marxe Issues Public Policy Breakfast
- Tuesday, February 26 - 8:30pm
- Thursday, February 28 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, March 2 - 9:00am
- Sunday, March 3 - 4:00pm
- Tuesday, March 5 - 3:00pm
- Marxe Issues - Napa/Mexico & Canada
- Tuesday, March 12 - 8:30pm
- Thursday, March 14 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, March 16 - 9:00am
- No recent shows on the schedule