This edition: August 2000 edition
Original tape date: August 1, 2000.
Where are the feature filmmakers of tomorrow? Probably making the short films of today. Case in point: La Fourmi directed by Anthony Souter. CANAPE looks in as Reginald the lollypop man discovers that there is a hair on his neck that will not conform to his sense of craft.
An Affair of Love
French cinema has always explored modern psychology with breathtaking candor. In Frederick Fonteyn's new film an unnamed man and woman find each other in the personal ads of a sex magazine. Their weekly meetings at a hotel soon take them in directions that have more to do with mind and soul than body alone. Director Fonteyn talks to CANAPE about modern love and the movies
The Girl on the Bridge
“Meeting cute” is a tradition of romantic comedies, but is throwing knives at someone going too far? To find out viewers will have to see the new film The Girl on the Bridge by Patrice Leconte starring Daniel Auteuil. Director Leconte, well known for the magnificent Ridicule, chats with CANAPE about how Cupid's arrows become a knife-thrower's romantic weapons.
- January 2014 (In French with English Subtitles)
- Thursday, June 14 - 4:00am
- Thursday, June 21 - 4:00am
- December 2013 (In French with English Subtitles)
- Thursday, June 7 - 4:00am
- September 2013 (in French with English Subtitles)
- Thursday, May 31 - 4:00am
- November 2013 (In French with English Subtitles)
- Thursday, May 24 - 4:00am