This edition: July 2010Tweet
Original tape date: July 22, 2010.
Basquiat: The Radiant Child
An article in Art Forum in 1981 named Jean Michel Basquiat “The Radiant Child.” Over the next seven years he produced over 1200 drawings and almost 1000 paintings. He was celebrated with exhibits around the world before he died of an overdose at age 27 in 1988. Who was this meteor? Where did his bold colors and sweeping gestures come from? His friend Tamra Davis explores his life and art in her new definitive documentary Basquiat: The Radiant Child. CANAPE listens to her thoughts on a lost genius.
At 13 years of age he was a kid playing on the tough streets of Paris’ working class suburbs. At 20 he was awarded the Legion of Honor, France’s highest decoration. He is Thierry Henry, one of the greatest soccer players in the world. And now at 33 he has come to play in the United States.
Artists Jeanne-Claude and Christo were bron on the same day, June 13th, 1935. Jeanne-Claude recently passed away, just shy of their 75th birthday.
Christo invites us into their home and reflects on their life and work together.
- July 2016 (In French)
- Thursday, January 11 - 4:00am
- Thursday, January 18 - 4:00am
- June 2016 (In French with English Subtitles)
- Thursday, January 4 - 4:00am
- April 2016 (In French with English Subtitles)
- Thursday, December 28 - 4:00am
- March 2016 (In French with English Subtitles)
- Thursday, December 21 - 4:00am