This edition: September 2015 (in French)Tweet
Original tape date: September 16, 2015.
First aired: September 17, 2015.
When Sylvain George started his cinematographic work in 2006, he wanted to explore European migration policies. First, because he thought that was a good indicator of the state of western democracies. second, because the subject of migration had been a center of French politics for decades and cristalized a certain number of problems. Unique in French cinema, his first works present migration politics in a new light, destroying common representations.
Since early June 2015, the French Italian border of Ventimiglia has been closed to refugees. ever since, the refugees have been resisting this decision and organizing in solidarity. The art collective "Bye Bye Border" has been documenting the consequences of the French state decision and the resistance at the border. Here's an excerpt of their work.
Sylvain George Filmmaker
- January 2014 (In French with English Subtitles)
- Thursday, June 14 - 4:00am
- Thursday, June 21 - 4:00am
- December 2013 (In French with English Subtitles)
- Thursday, June 7 - 4:00am
- September 2013 (in French with English Subtitles)
- Thursday, May 31 - 4:00am
- November 2013 (In French with English Subtitles)
- Thursday, May 24 - 4:00am