This edition: September 2015 (In French with English subtitles)Tweet
Original tape date: September 23, 2015.
First aired: September 24, 2015.
When Sylvain George started his cinematographic work in 2006, he wanted to explore European migration policies. First, because he thought that was a good indicator of the state of western democracies. second, because the subject of migration had been a center of French politics for decades and cristalized a certain number of problems. Unique in French cinema, his first works present migration politics in a new light, destroying common representations.
Since early June 2015, the French Italian border of Ventimiglia has been closed to refugees. ever since, the refugees have been resisting this decision and organizing in solidarity. The art collective "Bye Bye Border" has been documenting the consequences of the French state decision and the resistance at the border. Here's an excerpt of their work.
Sylvain George Filmmaker
- July 2016 (In French)
- Thursday, January 11 - 4:00am
- Thursday, January 18 - 4:00am
- June 2016 (In French with English Subtitles)
- Thursday, January 4 - 4:00am
- April 2016 (In French with English Subtitles)
- Thursday, December 28 - 4:00am
- March 2016 (In French with English Subtitles)
- Thursday, December 21 - 4:00am