This edition: December 2015 (In French)Tweet
Original tape date: December 23, 2015.
First aired: December 24, 2015.
French philosopher Alain Badiou is particularly interested in the relationship between the historical moment, movement, and organization. In his youth he was a Maoist, but, with the failure of the Socialist States, he re-evaluated, like many philosophers, the role of the party form of organization. However, he has not abandoned the universal, but rather is constantly searching for the creation of a new universal and ideology. This month, Badiou visited New York City and was a guest at Columbia University, where he emphasized the need for what he called a new communism.
Alain Badiou Philosopher
- January 2014 (In French with English Subtitles)
- Thursday, June 14 - 4:00am
- Thursday, June 21 - 4:00am
- December 2013 (In French with English Subtitles)
- Thursday, June 7 - 4:00am
- September 2013 (in French with English Subtitles)
- Thursday, May 31 - 4:00am
- November 2013 (In French with English Subtitles)
- Thursday, May 24 - 4:00am