This edition: January 2016 (In French with English Subtitles)Tweet
Original tape date: January 27, 2016.
First aired: January 28, 2016.
In her first book, Historian Lucia Katz writes about the advent in the 1870s in France, of a new class of poor: the "homeless", embodied in the creation of the night shelter. She sheds light on the genesis of the night shelter and its role as a counter revolutionary device during an emergency crisis. As France is again today under a state of emergency, Lucia draws on her research and her recent experience to warn us about the nature of a new French Republican compromise.
In an attempt to address the struggle of refugees, Director Jonas Carpignano and actor Koudous Seihon, collaborated on the feature film Mediterranea. The film follows two African friends who set out on a journey for better life in Europe only to find exploitation and racism.
What began as a conversation between Montreal based artist Stefan Christoff and Cairo based artist Sam Shalabi grew into a musical collaboration. The piano and oud compliment one another in improvisation resulting in a trance like tapestry of sound called Flying Street.
Jonas Carpignano Film Director
Stefan Christoff Music Composer
Lucia Katz Historian
Koudous Seihon Actor
Sam Shalabi Music Composer
- January 2014 (In French with English Subtitles)
- Thursday, June 14 - 4:00am
- Thursday, June 21 - 4:00am
- December 2013 (In French with English Subtitles)
- Thursday, June 7 - 4:00am
- September 2013 (in French with English Subtitles)
- Thursday, May 31 - 4:00am
- November 2013 (In French with English Subtitles)
- Thursday, May 24 - 4:00am