This edition: Dina Temple-Raston, columnist for New York SunTweet
Original tape date: March 1, 2005.
The journalist and author discusses her books, “Justice on the Grass: Three Rwandan Journalists, Their Trial for War Crimes, and a Nation's Quest for Redemption,” and “A Death in Texas: A Story of Race, Murder, and a Small Town's Struggle for Redemption.” She notes the similarities between the white on black racism in Texas and the black on black racism in Rwanda, and proceeds to relate the story of the trial of three journalists in Rwanda. She talks about the economic and political roots of racism in both Jasper, Texas and Rwanda, and the impact of the media on these incidents.
Prof. Douglas Muzzio Political Analyst, CUNY TV, Professor, School of Public Affairs, Baruch College/CUNY
Dina Temple-Raston Columnist, New York Sun
- Ian Vandewalker
- Tuesday, June 19 - 2:30am
- Chancellor James B. Milliken
- Tuesday, June 26 - 2:30am
- Heather Quinlan: Documentary Filmmaker/The 86 Mets
- Tuesday, July 3 - 2:30am
- Ed Rollins-Sr. Presidential Fellow, Hofstra Univ.
- Tuesday, July 10 - 2:30am
- Robert Paaswell: CCNY Institute of Urban Systems
- Tuesday, July 17 - 2:30am