This edition: The Plaza and the Hospitality Industry in New YorkTweet
Original tape date: April 19, 2005.
Doug Muzzio speaks with Peter Ward, president of New York Hotel and Motel Trade Council, and Michael Stoler, host of CUNY TV's “The Stoler Report” about the controversy surrounding the makeover of the Plaza Hotel into a residential building. Mr. Ward discusses the hotel jobs that are lost if the Plaza converts to a condominium and what that means for the city, while Mr. Stoler brings up the fact that the Plaza will become a condo hotel. They discuss the legislation that would give assistance and incentives to the struggling hotel industry and how New York City can accommodate its visitors in hotels.
Prof. Douglas Muzzio Political Analyst, CUNY TV, Professor, School of Public Affairs, Baruch College/CUNY
Michael Stoler Host, The Stoler Report
Peter Ward President of New York Hotel and Motel Trade Council
- Chancellor James B. Milliken
- Tuesday, June 26 - 2:30am
- Heather Quinlan: Documentary Filmmaker/The 86 Mets
- Tuesday, July 3 - 2:30am
- Ed Rollins-Sr. Presidential Fellow, Hofstra Univ.
- Tuesday, July 10 - 2:30am
- Robert Paaswell: CCNY Institute of Urban Systems
- Tuesday, July 17 - 2:30am