This edition: Seymour FliegelTweet
Original tape date: May 2, 2005.
The President of the CEI-PEA discusses the teacher's contract negotiations and its impact on the mayoral election. He talks about some of the problems with the contract, including freeing teachers from administrative duties and the ability for experienced teachers to choose the school at which they teach without needing a principal's approval. Mr. Fliegel shares his views on the micromanagement of the schools by the mayor's Department of Education and whether or not this will work for the students of New York City.
Mr. Seymour Fliegel President CEI-PEA, Center for Educational Innovation
Prof. Douglas Muzzio Political Analyst, CUNY TV, Professor, School of Public Affairs, Baruch College/CUNY
- William P. Kelly, Interim Chancellor-Designate, CUNY
- Tuesday, March 20 - 2:30am
- John Strausbaugh, author, "The Village: A History of Greenwich Village."
- Tuesday, March 13 - 2:30am
- Cyrus R. Vance, Jr., District Attorney, New York County
- Tuesday, March 6 - 2:30am