This edition: Ambassador Richard Murphy, (Pt. 1 of 2)Tweet
Original tape date: October 11, 2005.
In this first part of a special Middle East edition of “City Talk,” the former ambassador and expert on Middle East affairs discusses the current state of the Gaza strip as he observed it on a recent trip to the West Bank, as well as other areas of the Middle East. Ambassador Murphy talks about the prospects of the upcoming Palestinian elections, the Israeli “roadblocks” at which Palestinians are arbitrarily turned away, and the reasons for the decline of violence in the region. He also shares his views on the war in Iraq and what the US and UN should do to prevent further violence.
Richard W. Murphy Former U.S. Ambassador to Syria
Prof. Douglas Muzzio Political Analyst, CUNY TV, Professor, School of Public Affairs, Baruch College/CUNY
- George A. King III. - NY Post
- Tuesday, April 24 - 2:30am
- Richard Ravitch - State Budget Crisis Task Force
- Tuesday, April 17 - 2:30am
- "One Doctor" by Brendan Reilly, M.D.
- Tuesday, April 10 - 2:30am
- Jerry Capeci & Tom Robbins, Co-authors "Mob Boss"
- Tuesday, April 3 - 2:30am
- Hector Figueroa & Joshua Freeman - Labor
- Tuesday, March 27 - 2:30am