This edition: Ambassador Richard Murphy, (Pt. 1 of 2)Tweet
Original tape date: October 11, 2005.
In this first part of a special Middle East edition of “City Talk,” the former ambassador and expert on Middle East affairs discusses the current state of the Gaza strip as he observed it on a recent trip to the West Bank, as well as other areas of the Middle East. Ambassador Murphy talks about the prospects of the upcoming Palestinian elections, the Israeli “roadblocks” at which Palestinians are arbitrarily turned away, and the reasons for the decline of violence in the region. He also shares his views on the war in Iraq and what the US and UN should do to prevent further violence.
Richard W. Murphy Former U.S. Ambassador to Syria
Prof. Douglas Muzzio Political Analyst, CUNY TV, Professor, School of Public Affairs, Baruch College/CUNY
- James D. Zirin, Author: "The Mother Court"
- Tuesday, July 24 - 2:30am
- "New York's New Edge" authors David Halle & Elisabeth Tiso
- Tuesday, July 31 - 2:30am
- Thomas P. DiNapoli: New York State Comptroller
- Tuesday, August 7 - 2:30am
- Prof. Ron Daniels - Selma: Historical Event and the Movie
- Tuesday, August 14 - 2:30am
- Robert Paaswell: CCNY Institute of Urban Systems
- Tuesday, July 17 - 2:30am
- Ed Rollins-Sr. Presidential Fellow, Hofstra Univ.
- Tuesday, July 10 - 2:30am
- Bill Rudin, chairman, Association for a Better New York
- Wednesday, July 4 - 9:00am, 3:30pm, 10:30pm
- Thursday, July 5 - 9:00pm
- Heather Quinlan: Documentary Filmmaker/The 86 Mets
- Tuesday, July 3 - 2:30am
- Chancellor James B. Milliken
- Tuesday, June 26 - 2:30am