This edition: Peter Vallone, former NYC Council SpeakerTweet
Original tape date: October 25, 2005.
The former Speaker of the New York City Council speaks about his book, “Learning to Govern: My Life in New York Politics, from Hell Gate to City Hall.” He discusses how being a man of faith and an adherent to the Hebrew prophet Micah has affected his life in politics. Mr. Vallone relates his experiences from being the first Speaker of a newly empowered Council and how he was instrumental in the passing of the “Safe City, Safe Streets” bill, as well as relating his experiences with three mayors of New York: Ed Koch, David Dinkins, and Rudy Giuliani.
Prof. Douglas Muzzio Political Analyst, CUNY TV, Professor, School of Public Affairs, Baruch College/CUNY
Hon. Peter Vallone, Sr. Founder and Head, VPAC
- James D. Zirin, Author: "The Mother Court"
- Tuesday, July 24 - 2:30am
- "New York's New Edge" authors David Halle & Elisabeth Tiso
- Tuesday, July 31 - 2:30am
- Thomas P. DiNapoli: New York State Comptroller
- Tuesday, August 7 - 2:30am
- Prof. Ron Daniels - Selma: Historical Event and the Movie
- Tuesday, August 14 - 2:30am
- Chancellor James B. Milliken, The City University of New York
- Tuesday, August 21 - 2:30am
- Robert Paaswell: CCNY Institute of Urban Systems
- Tuesday, July 17 - 2:30am
- Ed Rollins-Sr. Presidential Fellow, Hofstra Univ.
- Tuesday, July 10 - 2:30am
- Bill Rudin, chairman, Association for a Better New York
- Wednesday, July 4 - 9:00am, 3:30pm, 10:30pm
- Thursday, July 5 - 9:00pm
- Heather Quinlan: Documentary Filmmaker/The 86 Mets
- Tuesday, July 3 - 2:30am
- Chancellor James B. Milliken
- Tuesday, June 26 - 2:30am