This edition: Ballot ProposalsTweet
Original tape date: November 1, 2005.
Diana Fortuna, of the Citizen's Budget Commission, E.J. McMahon, of the Manhattan Institute's Empire Center for New York State Policy, and Megan Quattlebaum, of Common Cause, join Doug Muzzio in a discussion about the two state propositions that will be on the ballot this Election Day. While they all agree on the poor condition of the State government and how the budget process works, Ms. Quattlebaum feels both Propositions 1 and 2 should be adopted. Ms. Fortuna and Mr. McMahon disagree, feeling that although there are problems with the budget process, these propositions would make things worse than they already are.
Diana Fortuna President, Citizens Budget Commission
E.J. McMahon Senior Fellow, Center for Civic Innovation, The Manhattan Institute
Prof. Douglas Muzzio Political Analyst, CUNY TV, Professor, School of Public Affairs, Baruch College/CUNY
Megan Quattlebaum Common Cause
- James D. Zirin, Author: "The Mother Court"
- Tuesday, July 24 - 2:30am
- "New York's New Edge" authors David Halle & Elisabeth Tiso
- Tuesday, July 31 - 2:30am
- Thomas P. DiNapoli: New York State Comptroller
- Tuesday, August 7 - 2:30am
- Prof. Ron Daniels - Selma: Historical Event and the Movie
- Tuesday, August 14 - 2:30am
- Robert Paaswell: CCNY Institute of Urban Systems
- Tuesday, July 17 - 2:30am
- Ed Rollins-Sr. Presidential Fellow, Hofstra Univ.
- Tuesday, July 10 - 2:30am
- Bill Rudin, chairman, Association for a Better New York
- Wednesday, July 4 - 9:00am, 3:30pm, 10:30pm
- Thursday, July 5 - 9:00pm
- Heather Quinlan: Documentary Filmmaker/The 86 Mets
- Tuesday, July 3 - 2:30am
- Chancellor James B. Milliken
- Tuesday, June 26 - 2:30am