This edition: Richard Lipsky, Neighborhood Retail Alliance, on "Big Box Stores"
Original tape date: November 29, 2005.
Richard Lipsky, "superstore killer" and lobbyist for the Neighborhood Retail Alliance, joins Doug to discuss the organization's fight against Wal-Mart and other big box retailers' campaign to open stores in New York City.
The Neighborhood Retail Alliance is a grassroots, coalition-building organization with the goal of "mobilizing neighborhood businesses to "counteract any public policy that threatens the livelihood of New York City's 186,000 Mom and Pop retailers."
Richard Lipsky Neighborhood Retail Alliance
Prof. Douglas Muzzio Political Analyst, CUNY TV, Professor, School of Public Affairs, Baruch College/CUNY
- Robert Paaswell: CCNY Institute of Urban Systems
- Tuesday, July 17 - 2:30am
- James D. Zirin, Author: "The Mother Court"
- Tuesday, July 24 - 2:30am
- "New York's New Edge" authors David Halle & Elisabeth Tiso
- Tuesday, July 31 - 2:30am
- Thomas P. DiNapoli: New York State Comptroller
- Tuesday, August 7 - 2:30am
- Prof. Ron Daniels - Selma: Historical Event and the Movie
- Tuesday, August 14 - 2:30am
- Ed Rollins-Sr. Presidential Fellow, Hofstra Univ.
- Tuesday, July 10 - 2:30am
- Bill Rudin, chairman, Association for a Better New York
- Wednesday, July 4 - 9:00am, 3:30pm, 10:30pm
- Thursday, July 5 - 9:00pm
- Heather Quinlan: Documentary Filmmaker/The 86 Mets
- Tuesday, July 3 - 2:30am
- Chancellor James B. Milliken
- Tuesday, June 26 - 2:30am
- Ian Vandewalker
- Tuesday, June 19 - 2:30am