This edition: John McWhorter, author, Winning the Race: Beyond the Crisis in Black AmericaTweet
Original tape date: May 9, 2006.
According to John McWhorter, author of “Winning the Race: Beyond the Crisis in Black America,” black activism is lost on today's culture. McWhorter explains his theory of modern activism or what he calls, “therapeutic alienation.” This is the act of shaking your fists at the system claiming institutional racism. He and Doug delve into the topics the book covers, exploring the excuses and dependencies history and society have created for black Americans. McWhorter also shares his views on the impact of divisive racial issues such as the hip hop culture and Hurricane Katrina.
John McWhorter Senior Fellow, Manhattan Institute
Prof. Douglas Muzzio Political Analyst, CUNY TV, Professor, School of Public Affairs, Baruch College/CUNY
- William P. Kelly, Interim Chancellor-Designate, CUNY
- Tuesday, March 20 - 2:30am
- Hector Figueroa & Joshua Freeman - Labor
- Tuesday, March 27 - 2:30am
- Jerry Capeci & Tom Robbins, Co-authors "Mob Boss"
- Tuesday, April 3 - 2:30am
- "One Doctor" by Brendan Reilly, M.D.
- Tuesday, April 10 - 2:30am
- Richard Ravitch - State Budget Crisis Task Force
- Tuesday, April 17 - 2:30am
- John Strausbaugh, author, "The Village: A History of Greenwich Village."
- Tuesday, March 13 - 2:30am
- Cyrus R. Vance, Jr., District Attorney, New York County
- Tuesday, March 6 - 2:30am