This edition: Ben Smith, political reporter/blogger, Daily NewsTweet
Original tape date: May 9, 2006.
According to New York Magazine, Ben Smith, political columnist for The Daily News is one of today's most influential New Yorkers. His political blog, the Politicker, is the most admired and imitated blog on the web. The blog is a forum for political insiders to channel their interests by commenting on the day's news. The phenomenon is so widespread that one of Smith's frequent commenters is an Orthodox woman from Long Island hiding behind the name Orthomom. He and Doug discuss the benefits and consequences of the internet's anonymity, as well as the future of blogging, and how it will transform news in the years to come. Smith also reveals his inside tips and opinions on Hillary's partnership with Rupert Murdoch, New York's bitter goodbye to Pataki, and Giuliani's Presidential future.
Prof. Douglas Muzzio Political Analyst, CUNY TV, Professor, School of Public Affairs, Baruch College/CUNY
Ben Smith Writer/Blogger for Politico.com, The New York Observer
- James D. Zirin, Author: "The Mother Court"
- Tuesday, July 24 - 2:30am
- "New York's New Edge" authors David Halle & Elisabeth Tiso
- Tuesday, July 31 - 2:30am
- Thomas P. DiNapoli: New York State Comptroller
- Tuesday, August 7 - 2:30am
- Prof. Ron Daniels - Selma: Historical Event and the Movie
- Tuesday, August 14 - 2:30am
- Robert Paaswell: CCNY Institute of Urban Systems
- Tuesday, July 17 - 2:30am
- Ed Rollins-Sr. Presidential Fellow, Hofstra Univ.
- Tuesday, July 10 - 2:30am
- Bill Rudin, chairman, Association for a Better New York
- Wednesday, July 4 - 9:00am, 3:30pm, 10:30pm
- Thursday, July 5 - 9:00pm
- Heather Quinlan: Documentary Filmmaker/The 86 Mets
- Tuesday, July 3 - 2:30am
- Chancellor James B. Milliken
- Tuesday, June 26 - 2:30am