This edition: William Rudin, pres. of Rudin Management, and son of Lew Rudin, (Pt. 1 of 2)Tweet
Original tape date: June 27, 2006.
William Rudin, president of Rudin Management Co. and son of the late Lew Rudin, joins Doug Muzzio for a two-part discussion about the life and legacy of his real estate mogul father. Rudin Management Co. is one of the country's largest privately held real estate companies and has been influential in the development of several energy efficient, environmentally friendly retail and office buildings we see today. In this episode William Rudin shows us clips from the documentary “The Rudin Way,” and explains how his family name became synonymous with the act of giving back to the New York community. Rudin talks about The Association for a Better New York (ABNY), which was started in 1971 to create public and private partnerships in order to gain funding for problem areas and issues in New York. Along with his positions as president of Rudin Management Co. and chair of ABNY, William Rudin also sits on the boards of NYU, the Metropolitan Museum of Art, and many other organizations.
Prof. Douglas Muzzio Political Analyst, CUNY TV, Professor, School of Public Affairs, Baruch College/CUNY
William C. Rudin President, Rudin Management
- Chancellor James B. Milliken, The City University of New York
- Tuesday, August 21 - 2:30am
- New York City Comptroller Scott M. Stringer
- Tuesday, August 28 - 2:30am
- Prof. Ron Daniels - Selma: Historical Event and the Movie
- Tuesday, August 14 - 2:30am
- Thomas P. DiNapoli: New York State Comptroller
- Tuesday, August 7 - 2:30am
- "New York's New Edge" authors David Halle & Elisabeth Tiso
- Tuesday, July 31 - 2:30am
- James D. Zirin, Author: "The Mother Court"
- Tuesday, July 24 - 2:30am
- Robert Paaswell: CCNY Institute of Urban Systems
- Tuesday, July 17 - 2:30am