This edition: Ambassador Richard Murphy, former Ambassador to Saudi Arabia, Syria, the Phillipines, Mauritania and Senior Fellow at the Council on Foreign Relations, (Pt. 2 of 2)Tweet
Original tape date: October 10, 2006.
During the second half of this two-part discussion Doug and Ambassador Richard W. Murphy discuss the Sunni- Shia war in Iraq, America's inability to end the conflict, and Iranian nationalism and its effect on the rest of the world. Ambassador Murphy has followed Near Eastern developments for over 40 years, 34 of which were spent as a career foreign service officer. He has received the President's Distinguished Service Award three times and the State Department's Superior Honor Award twice: In 1985 he was named Career Ambassador, a title held by only five serving officers at any given time. Retiring from government service in 1989, Mr. Murphy joined the Council on Foreign Relations in New York as the Hasib J. Sabbagh Senior Fellow for the Middle East and has continued to visit that region several times a year. Ambassador Murphy is a frequent, and always fascinating guest on City Talk.
Richard W. Murphy Former U.S. Ambassador to Syria
Prof. Douglas Muzzio Political Analyst, CUNY TV, Professor, School of Public Affairs, Baruch College/CUNY
- Chancellor James B. Milliken, The City University of New York
- Tuesday, August 21 - 2:30am
- New York City Comptroller Scott M. Stringer
- Tuesday, August 28 - 2:30am
- Prof. Ron Daniels - Selma: Historical Event and the Movie
- Tuesday, August 14 - 2:30am
- Thomas P. DiNapoli: New York State Comptroller
- Tuesday, August 7 - 2:30am
- "New York's New Edge" authors David Halle & Elisabeth Tiso
- Tuesday, July 31 - 2:30am
- James D. Zirin, Author: "The Mother Court"
- Tuesday, July 24 - 2:30am
- Robert Paaswell: CCNY Institute of Urban Systems
- Tuesday, July 17 - 2:30am