This edition: Fmr. Amb. Richard Murphy, IndependentConsultant (Pt. 2 of 2)
Original tape date: September 25, 2007.
Ambassador Richard W. Murphy returns once again to City Talk to discuss the latest developments in the Middle East and U.S. foreign policy in the second part of a two-part series. Ambassador Murphy has followed Near Eastern developments for over 40 years, 34 of which were spent as a career foreign service officer. He has received the President's Distinguished Service Award three times and the State Department's Superior Honor Award twice: In 1985 he was named Career Ambassador, a title held by only five serving officers at any given time. Retiring from government service in 1989, Mr. Murphy joined the Council on Foreign Relations in New York as the Hasib J. Sabbagh Senior Fellow for the Middle East and has continued to visit that region several times a year. Ambassador Murphy is a frequent, and always fascinating guest on City Talk. This time he shares his optimistic views of the situation in the Middle East.
Richard W. Murphy Former U.S. Ambassador to Syria
Prof. Douglas Muzzio Political Analyst, CUNY TV, Professor, School of Public Affairs, Baruch College/CUNY
- George A. King III. - NY Post
- Tuesday, April 24 - 2:30am
- Richard Ravitch - State Budget Crisis Task Force
- Tuesday, April 17 - 2:30am
- "One Doctor" by Brendan Reilly, M.D.
- Tuesday, April 10 - 2:30am
- Jerry Capeci & Tom Robbins, Co-authors "Mob Boss"
- Tuesday, April 3 - 2:30am
- Hector Figueroa & Joshua Freeman - Labor
- Tuesday, March 27 - 2:30am