This edition: Alexandra Yannias, NYC Coalition Against Hunger; Anthony Butler, St. John's Bread and LifeTweet
Original tape date: December 16, 2008.
Doug welcomes two guests to the program in this episode who can speak about the problem of hunger in New York City and what is being done to combat the epidemic. Anthony Butler is the Executive Director of St. John's Bread and Life, an organization dedicated to addressing the issues of hunger and poverty in Brooklyn and Queens, serving over one thousand meals to hungry New Yorkers daily. Alexandra Yannias is the Coordinator of the Interfaith Voices Against Hunger for the New York City Coalition Against Hunger. She works to mobilize civic and religious leaders to advocate for intensified government action to end hunger and poverty.
Anthony Butler St. John’s Bread and Life
Prof. Douglas Muzzio Political Analyst, CUNY TV, Professor, School of Public Affairs, Baruch College/CUNY
Alexandra Yannias NYC Coalition Against Hunger
- James D. Zirin, Author: "The Mother Court"
- Tuesday, July 24 - 2:30am
- "New York's New Edge" authors David Halle & Elisabeth Tiso
- Tuesday, July 31 - 2:30am
- Thomas P. DiNapoli: New York State Comptroller
- Tuesday, August 7 - 2:30am
- Prof. Ron Daniels - Selma: Historical Event and the Movie
- Tuesday, August 14 - 2:30am
- Robert Paaswell: CCNY Institute of Urban Systems
- Tuesday, July 17 - 2:30am
- Ed Rollins-Sr. Presidential Fellow, Hofstra Univ.
- Tuesday, July 10 - 2:30am
- Bill Rudin, chairman, Association for a Better New York
- Wednesday, July 4 - 9:00am, 3:30pm, 10:30pm
- Thursday, July 5 - 9:00pm
- Heather Quinlan: Documentary Filmmaker/The 86 Mets
- Tuesday, July 3 - 2:30am
- Chancellor James B. Milliken
- Tuesday, June 26 - 2:30am