This edition: David S. Reynolds, professor of English and American Studies, CUNY Graduate Center, author, "Waking Giant: America in the Age of Jackson"Tweet
Original tape date: December 2, 2008.
Doug is joined by David Reynolds, Distinguished Professor of English and American Studies at the Graduate Center at CUNY, to talk about Andrew Jackson and his time - and the parallels to our time. He has recently published “Waking Giant: America in the Age of Jackson,” a magnificent biography of our 7th president and a rich intellectual and social history of America from the end of the War of 1812 and the end of the Mexican War. Professor Reynolds is also the author of the prize-winning “John Brown, Abolitionist, Walt Whitman's America” and “Beneath the American Renaissance,” as well as other books and many articles. He is a regular reviewer for “The New York Times Book Review” and is now at work on a book about Harriet Beecher Stowe.
Prof. Douglas Muzzio Political Analyst, CUNY TV, Professor, School of Public Affairs, Baruch College/CUNY
David S. Reynolds Author, Graduate School/CUNY
- Ian Vandewalker
- Tuesday, June 19 - 2:30am
- Chancellor James B. Milliken
- Tuesday, June 26 - 2:30am
- Heather Quinlan: Documentary Filmmaker/The 86 Mets
- Tuesday, July 3 - 2:30am
- Ed Rollins-Sr. Presidential Fellow, Hofstra Univ.
- Tuesday, July 10 - 2:30am
- Robert Paaswell: CCNY Institute of Urban Systems
- Tuesday, July 17 - 2:30am