This edition: Sportswriters Maury Allen and Phil PepeTweet
Original tape date: April 7, 2009.
In this episode of City Talk, host Doug Muzzio explores the world of New York sports. With help from premier sportswriters Maury Allen and Phil Pepe, Doug focuses on the exciting, yet occasionally tragic histories of the Yankees and Mets. Additionally, the three men discuss the changes in the game over the last half-century and how it has the dynamics of baseball.
Maury Allen Author and Sportswriter
Prof. Douglas Muzzio Political Analyst, CUNY TV, Professor, School of Public Affairs, Baruch College/CUNY
Phil Pepe Former President, Baseball Writers Association of America
- William P. Kelly, Interim Chancellor-Designate, CUNY
- Tuesday, March 20 - 2:30am
- Hector Figueroa & Joshua Freeman - Labor
- Tuesday, March 27 - 2:30am
- Jerry Capeci & Tom Robbins, Co-authors "Mob Boss"
- Tuesday, April 3 - 2:30am
- "One Doctor" by Brendan Reilly, M.D.
- Tuesday, April 10 - 2:30am
- John Strausbaugh, author, "The Village: A History of Greenwich Village."
- Tuesday, March 13 - 2:30am
- Cyrus R. Vance, Jr., District Attorney, New York County
- Tuesday, March 6 - 2:30am