This edition: Prof. Joseph Viteritti, author, When Mayors Take Charge: School Governance in the CityTweet
Original tape date: May 5, 2009.
Doug is joined by Joseph P. Viteritti, the Blanche D. Blank Professor of Public Policy at Hunter College/CUNY and the executive director of the Commission on School Governance in New York. Professor Viteritti's recently published report "When Mayors Take Charge: School Governance in the City" examines the benefits and disadvantages of mayoral control of schools and how this system works as a response to the racial learning gap which has been prevalent in the nation's schools.
Prof. Douglas Muzzio Political Analyst, CUNY TV, Professor, School of Public Affairs, Baruch College/CUNY
Dr. Joseph P. Viteritti Chair, Urban Affairs and Planning, Hunter College/CUNY
- George A. King III. - NY Post
- Tuesday, April 24 - 2:30am
- Richard Ravitch - State Budget Crisis Task Force
- Tuesday, April 17 - 2:30am
- "One Doctor" by Brendan Reilly, M.D.
- Tuesday, April 10 - 2:30am
- Jerry Capeci & Tom Robbins, Co-authors "Mob Boss"
- Tuesday, April 3 - 2:30am
- Hector Figueroa & Joshua Freeman - Labor
- Tuesday, March 27 - 2:30am