This edition: Prof. Joseph Viteritti, author, When Mayors Take Charge: School Governance in the CityTweet
Original tape date: May 5, 2009.
Doug is joined by Joseph P. Viteritti, the Blanche D. Blank Professor of Public Policy at Hunter College/CUNY and the executive director of the Commission on School Governance in New York. Professor Viteritti's recently published report "When Mayors Take Charge: School Governance in the City" examines the benefits and disadvantages of mayoral control of schools and how this system works as a response to the racial learning gap which has been prevalent in the nation's schools.
Prof. Douglas Muzzio Political Analyst, CUNY TV, Professor, School of Public Affairs, Baruch College/CUNY
Dr. Joseph P. Viteritti Chair, Urban Affairs and Planning, Hunter College/CUNY
- Robert Paaswell: CCNY Institute of Urban Systems
- Tuesday, July 17 - 2:30am
- James D. Zirin, Author: "The Mother Court"
- Tuesday, July 24 - 2:30am
- "New York's New Edge" authors David Halle & Elisabeth Tiso
- Tuesday, July 31 - 2:30am
- Thomas P. DiNapoli: New York State Comptroller
- Tuesday, August 7 - 2:30am
- Prof. Ron Daniels - Selma: Historical Event and the Movie
- Tuesday, August 14 - 2:30am
- Ed Rollins-Sr. Presidential Fellow, Hofstra Univ.
- Tuesday, July 10 - 2:30am
- Bill Rudin, chairman, Association for a Better New York
- Wednesday, July 4 - 9:00am, 3:30pm, 10:30pm
- Thursday, July 5 - 9:00pm
- Heather Quinlan: Documentary Filmmaker/The 86 Mets
- Tuesday, July 3 - 2:30am
- Chancellor James B. Milliken
- Tuesday, June 26 - 2:30am
- Ian Vandewalker
- Tuesday, June 19 - 2:30am