This edition: Shoshanna Sofaer and Jonathan Engel, faculty members of the Baruch College School of Public AffairsTweet
Original tape date: November 10, 2009.
In the first of two “City Talk” conversations on health care, Doug is joined by Dr. Shoshanna Sofaer and Dr. Jonathan Engel, both faculty members of the Baruch College School of Public Affairs. Dr. Sofaer is the Robert Luciano Chair of Health Care Policy at Baruch. She is an internationally recognized expert in health care measurement and improvement; in the development of materials and interventions for health care consumers, in the assessment of medical education programs. Prof. Sofaer was honored last year by being named Lorraine and Ralph Lubin Distinguished Visiting Professor at the Weill Cornell Medical College. Dr. Engel, Professor and Associate Dean at the School of Public Affairs at Baruch College. He's recently published a book, “American Therapy: The Rise of Psychotherapy in the United States,” which has been widely praised and has stimulated debate. He has authored three other books on the historical evolution of U.S. health and social welfare policy: “Doctors and Reformers, Poor People's Medicine and The Epidemic: A History of AIDS.” Prof. Engel is currently writing a history of the U.S. health system since 1970. They discuss the health care overhaul that has recently passed in the House of Representatives and talk about its chances of survival in the Senate.
Jonathan Engel Author
Prof. Douglas Muzzio Political Analyst, CUNY TV, Professor, School of Public Affairs, Baruch College/CUNY
Dr. Shoshanna Sofaer Professor, School of Public Affairs, Baruch College
- James D. Zirin, Author: "The Mother Court"
- Tuesday, July 24 - 2:30am
- "New York's New Edge" authors David Halle & Elisabeth Tiso
- Tuesday, July 31 - 2:30am
- Thomas P. DiNapoli: New York State Comptroller
- Tuesday, August 7 - 2:30am
- Prof. Ron Daniels - Selma: Historical Event and the Movie
- Tuesday, August 14 - 2:30am
- Robert Paaswell: CCNY Institute of Urban Systems
- Tuesday, July 17 - 2:30am
- Ed Rollins-Sr. Presidential Fellow, Hofstra Univ.
- Tuesday, July 10 - 2:30am
- Bill Rudin, chairman, Association for a Better New York
- Wednesday, July 4 - 9:00am, 3:30pm, 10:30pm
- Thursday, July 5 - 9:00pm
- Heather Quinlan: Documentary Filmmaker/The 86 Mets
- Tuesday, July 3 - 2:30am
- Chancellor James B. Milliken
- Tuesday, June 26 - 2:30am
- Ian Vandewalker
- Tuesday, June 19 - 2:30am