This edition: William Grimes, obituarist and former restaurant critic, The New York Times, Pt. 1 of 2Tweet
Original tape date: November 24, 2009.
Doug is joined by William Grimes, lead obituary writer for “The New York Times” in the first part of a two-part series. Mr. Grimes has worn many hats at the “Times” over the years, serving as a magazine writer, culture reporter, theater columnist, restaurant critic, "thing critic" (in which he wrote about theme park rides, energy drinks, and home-cleaning robots), and, most recently, book critic. His most recent book, “Appetite City,” takes us on a fascinating historical tour of New York City dining culture.
William Grimes Lead Obiturarist, The New York Times
Prof. Douglas Muzzio Political Analyst, CUNY TV, Professor, School of Public Affairs, Baruch College/CUNY
- Robert Paaswell: CCNY Institute of Urban Systems
- Tuesday, July 17 - 2:30am
- James D. Zirin, Author: "The Mother Court"
- Tuesday, July 24 - 2:30am
- "New York's New Edge" authors David Halle & Elisabeth Tiso
- Tuesday, July 31 - 2:30am
- Thomas P. DiNapoli: New York State Comptroller
- Tuesday, August 7 - 2:30am
- Ed Rollins-Sr. Presidential Fellow, Hofstra Univ.
- Tuesday, July 10 - 2:30am
- Bill Rudin, chairman, Association for a Better New York
- Wednesday, July 4 - 9:00am, 3:30pm, 10:30pm
- Thursday, July 5 - 9:00pm
- Heather Quinlan: Documentary Filmmaker/The 86 Mets
- Tuesday, July 3 - 2:30am
- Chancellor James B. Milliken
- Tuesday, June 26 - 2:30am
- Ian Vandewalker
- Tuesday, June 19 - 2:30am